MAS is looking for an organized and detail oriented Design Assistant to join our #masdesign #dreamteam!
#masdesign #interiordesign #interiordesigner #designcareer #interiordesignjob
Please submit resume + portfolio (if applicable) for consideration. Starts Sept 2017.
This is an entry-level, full-time position within an up-and-coming Interior Design firm to help support and maintain the office and assist the design team with all on-going projects. MAS Design is a white glove interior design firm focused on residential and boutique commercial projects. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to learn all facets of an exciting young business and is perfect for someone who wants to use their skills in a fun, rapid-paced, dynamic, and evolving firm.
We are seeking a talented Design Assistant with strong design, technical and graphic skills. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, confident person with flexibility in day-to-day operations and a keen sense of intuition is a must.
The following describes the essential responsibilities of this job classification. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Principal Designers.
- Work in collaboration with team members in the preparation of design and construction documents
- Provide drafting and basic architectural support to design team
- Assist design team in the performance of site surveys and inventory of existing conditions and measurements
- Produce AutoCAD documents from design sketches, layouts and details
- Maintain project documentation, including all correspondence, drawings, manufacturer’s spec sheets and other material specifications
- Sourcing in the field and online
- Project management and direct communication with vendors, fabricators, and contractors
- Conceptual design and design development
Support Office Staff in:
- Answering phones and office door, manage general email account and calendar
- Maintain and update resource library, contact lists and other general databases
- Managing printers, phone system, and office equipment
- Oversee inventory & archives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 1-3 years of experience a plus
- Aesthetically sensitive with an affinity for beautifying interior spaces and an eye for design
- Self-starter, hard worker, energetic, sense of humor and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to both take direction well and work independently with light supervision
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Illustrator, and In Design a plus
- Basic knowledge of Building Codes, ADA and sustainable design a plus
- Owns car and is willing to travel
- Flexible schedule during high volume projects or presentation preparation
- Professional demeanor and appearance
***Update: We have filled the position and are so excited about the addition of a fantastic new team member. We are no longer hiring at the moment, but we will always keep resumes and portfolios on file should you want to send one for future expansion.