MAS is looking for an organized and detail oriented Design Assistant to join our #masdesign #dreamteam! If you are interested, please submit your resume and portfolio (if applicable) to vivian@thisisMAS.com.
#masdesign #interiordesign #interiordesigner #designcareer #interiordesignjob
This is an entry-level, full-time position within an up-and-coming Interior Design firm to help support and maintain the office and assist the design team with all on-going projects. MAS Design is a white glove interior design firm focused on residential and boutique commercial projects. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to learn all facets of an exciting young business and is perfect for someone who wants to use their skills in a fun, rapid-paced, dynamic, and evolving firm.
We are seeking a talented Design Assistant with strong design, technical and graphic skills. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, confident person with flexibility in day-to-day operations and a keen sense of intuition is a must.
The following describes the essential responsibilities of this job classification. Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Principal Designers.
- Work in collaboration with team members in the preparation of design and construction documents
- Provide drafting and basic architectural support to design team
- Assist design team in the performance of site surveys and inventory of existing conditions and measurements
- Produce AutoCAD documents from design sketches, layouts and details
- Maintain project documentation, including all correspondence, drawings, manufacturer’s spec sheets and other material specifications
- Sourcing in the field and online
- Project management and direct communication with vendors, fabricators, and contractors
- Conceptual design and design development
Support Office Staff in:
- Answering phones and office door, manage general email account and calendar
- Maintain and update resource library, contact lists and other general databases
- Managing printers, phone system, and office equipment.
- Oversee inventory & archives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 1-3 years of experience a plus
- Aesthetically sensitive with an affinity for beautifying interior spaces and an eye for design
- Self-starter, hard worker, energetic, sense of humor and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to both take direction well and work independently with light supervision
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or Revit
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word and Excel)
- Illustrator, and In Design a plus
- Basic knowledge of Building Codes, ADA and sustainable design a plus
- Owns car and is willing to travel
- Flexible schedule during high volume projects or presentation preparation
Please submit resume + portfolio (if applicable) for consideration. Starts Sept 2017.